Total Pageviews

Tuesday 28 February 2012

N.C.F.F.I. Affiliated club's match Carlow & Portobello

Carlow C.A.C. and Portobello
N.C.F.F.I.
Affiliated club's match Carlow Town
Sunday 26th Feb 2012

Sunday 29th Feb saw anglers descend on the Barrow from the Carlow Coarse Angling Club, visitors and the Portobello Angling Club. A good turn out was evident from the amount of cars arriving at the draw and sure enough we were gonna have a good turn out to test run the venue for the Irish Team selection qualifier to be held in April on the river Barrow in Carlow Town. Special thanks must go to Henry Norton and the lads for travelling to Carlow.
Myself with a few nice Roach
All in attendance caught fish with the winning weight going to Gary(Gazza) Doyle from Carlow who weighed in 20Lb. A lot of different methods were used on the day, personally I set up the Pole, Whip, Feeder rod, float rod with my oul trusty home made Peacock Quill and Abu closed face and a waggler set up on the 14ft Trabucco match rod. After I watched Tadas in the peg next to me net two or three Hybrids I decided to switch to the feeder but I was too late and ended third in the section with 4Lb 12oz. We made new friends and chatted fishing and swapped stories etc. sure that's what it's all about. Three of Tadas's friends from Lithuania visited and enjoyed the craic we were having and now wanna join the Carlow C.A.C.
Gazza below with his winning bag

Tadas below with his end weight
Henry Norton (Portobello) presenting Prize to Brendan Collins (Portobello)


No comments:

Post a Comment