Total Pageviews

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Angling Council of Ireland Water Safety Course

Instead of my usual fishing day out on a Sunday myself and several members of the
Carlow Coarse Angling Club teamed up with members from several angling clubs and Federations within the Angling Council of Ireland affiliation, to complete a Water Safety course being ran by the A.C.I. near Clonmel.

Attendees at the course near Clonmel

A great day out was had by all in attendance at the course which was held in the community centre in Kilsheelen, Co.Tipp and on the river Suir for the afternoon session. We all learned how to fill in and use safety assesment forms amongst other vitally important fields and situations which could arise. I particularly enjoyed the outside coaching and learning how to use a throw rope which hopefully I will never have to do for real but still it's good to have the training and be able to take control of a situation should it arise.

One of the A.C.I. banners



No comments:

Post a Comment