Total Pageviews

Wednesday 8 February 2012

Monday 6th Feb 2012 river Barrow, Dace bashing

We had decided that due to the fact we had loads of left over bait from Sunday that we would hit the river again on Monday and see if we could do a wee bit better. After a not so healthy breakfast me and Noel headed out to the river for a days fishing. When we arrived at our destination the watercraft skills again came into use and it was decided that we would fish in close for the Dace on the edge of the flow with a Stick float.
Noel at his peg
After I had lost three stick floats due to an unseen snag I decided to switch to a waggler float and straight away I was into Dace after Dace. Most people would rather sit fishing for the Roach and get a few however that particular day I was happy enough to just sit, take it easy and fish away for the Dace as you can never practice enough on them and they do win matches on the Barrow if the Roach are not on show. Noel had set up the 8mtr whip and the feeder rod and after an hour decided to fish the waggler and after I let him know he had to loose feed a lot he was soon into the Dace himself
Below: Noel with his catch of Dace for the day

Below: My catch of Dace for the few hours we were out on the river

No comments:

Post a Comment