Total Pageviews

Tuesday 6 December 2011

Visit to Southern Counties Fishing Resort, Milltown, Garryhill, Co.Carlow

http://www.carlowcoarseanglingguides.com/

Myself and Derek from the Carlow Coarse Angling Club headed out to the fishing resort in Garryhill for a days fishing on one of the three lakes ran by the Foley family. The lakes are surrounded by a landscape that is second to none and absolutely beautiful. We were made more than welcome by miss Martina Foley who even took pity on us and offered us tea and coffee which was well appreciated on such a cold morning. The cut in the air however didn't dampen our spirits as not even a minute after casting a line into the lake beside the purpose built clubhouse I was into my first fish of the morning. The bend in the rod signaled what could only be described as a cracker of a Trout and after four or five minutes I landed the fine specimin pictured below.
Several fish later all caught and released off course Derek and I decided to call it a day and definatly make a return visit to the resort again in the near future.
I have been invited out to the resort this coming Sat and Sunday to help run a competition.


1 comment:

  1. Does your blog have a contact page? I'm having problems locating it but, I'd like to send you an e-mail. I've got some creative ideas for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great blog and I look forward to seeing it expand over time.
    minnesota lake rentals

    ReplyDelete