Total Pageviews

Thursday 29 December 2011

The Pike we can't get

I went down to the Barrow yesterday in search of an evening Pike to brighten up an otherwise boring afternoon. I rang Neville at around two thirty to see did he want to go with me for a few hours and at 3pm Nev, Christian and I headed down to the slack water in Graiguecullen. Armed with a few Mackerel and small shop bought Roach we were sure of a fish for an oul pic however as is the story with all types of fishing you can't get what isn't there.
Nev and Christian
I had packed a few chocolate Kimberly biscuits, Turkey sambos and tea making gear so we were fed and watered and remained warm for the few hours that we were out. We headed to my house just after the light faded and had good craic chatting etc. especially about the Pike we never got.
 Ah the joys and tribulations of Pike fishing, I remember Nev having seven in one earlier on this year

No comments:

Post a Comment