Total Pageviews

Monday 12 March 2012

Monday 12th March on the Barrow

I was invited to go fishing today with one of our new club members Marius so we went to Carlow Town Park around 10am. The fishing was fierce slow and come 2.30pm we were getting tired of the wee small Dace and Roach. Tadas rang and in his Lithuanian accent he said hey Potatoya we going St.Mullins, ha ha didn't need to ask twice, off we set.

We set up on the tidal stretch and to be honest it was very slow to start. We all set up the customary feeder rods used on the tidal water. The lads were finding it hard however I was into Trout after Trout and had around twelve of the wee hard fighting fish. Marius landed a fabulous Roach then my rod swung round and low and behold after a good fight I found myself landing a nice Bream.
Marius below with a cracker of a Roach
Tadas was soon into good decent sized Roach then came the ye ho from his peg and I new he had a Bream on, fish safetly landed he was over the moon and glad to have travelled from Carlow town down to St.Mullins. We all had a few fish and would have had a lot more had we stayed for the rising tide however with family commitments etc. we headed home always another day as they say.
Tadas below with a St.Mullins Dustbin lid
My wee catch for the day below




1 comment:

  1. Great post - looking forward to more on this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete