Total Pageviews

Sunday 11 March 2012

Hunting out the Bream

Myself and Mark Godfrey decided on Saturday that we would go to the Picturesque area of St. Mullins in Co.Carlow in search of some Bream. We arrived around 11am and noticed that the tide was almost dropped to it's lowest level. We waited around all day messing around with the feeder getting Trout after Trout to pass the time and having a laugh. I seen two anglers up river and went for a wee chat as you do sure it was only Atilla the Cralusso Distributor for Ireland and his friend so we had a chat for a while then I headed back down to Mark for a wee bit of lunch.
Below Mark with a wee Trout
After what seemed like an eternity it was 4.30pm and the tide was just rising and sure enough the rod tip spun around indicating the unmistakable bite of a large fish, I played the fish which was caught on a size 14 B711 hook and three red maggots for a while. The first fish I got was a dustbin lid as they say probably around 5Lb.and put up a cracker fight turning sideways against the flow of the rising tide.
My first Bream this year

Mark had the take of a Bream however he lost the fish as he had forgotten to change the barbless hook he was catching the Trout all day with. We had a laugh as always, Tadas arrived with Monika and young Paulis and just after they arrived I was into another Bream which was to be my third of the day so it was well worth the visit and I will surely be back several times this year as Waterford A.C. have a match there on the 1stApril. I ended up with three nice Bream, a Dace or two and loads of Trout.
Two of my river Barrow Bream


No comments:

Post a Comment