Total Pageviews

Saturday 14 January 2012

Roach fishing yesterday Friday 13th Jan 2012

Myself and Neville decided to target the Roach on the Barrow system again and were not disappointed as we got a good few. The numbers were not there in mass as they were on the previous Sunday however we still had a good day out and Declan from the Athy Anglers joined us for a chat.

We arrived at our destination around 10.45 and were delighted to see that the bank was not occupied by other anglers. The foggy mist was fairly thick and the night before was freezing litterly, I set up my stick float, plummed the depth minus the 3 foot of water that was there on Sunday. I was into Roach straight away and thought to myself here we go another cracker day on the system. It went quiet after an hour or so and it soon became evident why! A great big Pike rose to the surface and swirled right in front of me and Declan (if ye were after them they wouldn't be around).
Time for the lunch
We decided to stop fishing around 1.00pm and have the oul cuppa cha and a wee bit to eat and a chat. Anthony joined us for a while for a chat then we went back at it. My swim was dead alright and Nev started to get into some quality sized Roach, Nev also landed a fine Perch probably about 1 1/2 Lb. I packed up early and chatted to Nev and Declan for the remainder of the session.

My end result about 12Lb Roach
Neville with his catch of around 20Lb Roach

No comments:

Post a Comment